Making your relocation easier
International car relocation, customs and registration service
USA Car Import helps to take care of the relocation and registration of your car, if you are moving from America or Canada to Europe.
A car can be imported fhoeee of duties and VAT into Europe, when part of your household and moving goods.
You must have had the car in use and possession for at least six months, during a stay of more than one year outside the European Union.- You are moving from a country outside the European Union to the Netherlands, and you are going to live in the Netherlands. You are transferring your normal place of residence to the European Union.
- You have lived outside the European Union for at least 12 consecutive months.
- You have owned and used the goods for at least six months.
- You are importing the goods within twelve months of taking up residence in the Netherlands.
- You are not going to lend, pawn, rent or transfer the goods within twelve months after the date on which the goods were imported.
USA Car Import.com can arrange:
- Customs clearance
- Technical modifications incl in many cases navigation and radio conversion
For any questions, please contact us. With a simple question we gladly help you. For more extentise information, we will let you know in advance if there is are cost for out advise involved.
Please make sure that you can well document the fact that you have been living more than one year abroad.
By means of two timelines you can see here if you comply with the moving goods regulations:
Citizen registered and staying abroad, minimum 12 months
Vehicle owned and in use, minimum 6 months
The 6 months timeline has to be within the 12 months
The situation hereunder is not accepted by customs, as the vehicle has not been owned and in use for 6 months during the 12 months of residency abroad.
__________________________________________ 12 months abroad
________________________ 6 months of ownership and usage is in this exemple not within the 12 months timeline